Need to get the stickers you once put on your car removed? Bought a used car and it's got a ton of no-so-necessarily wacky stickers pasted on it? These could be anything, from showing support for a political party or candidate, to highly inappropriate graphical ones.
Putting stickers on is very easy, the challenging part is the removal. At Kelly Risk Free, we have the right advice for you and it will help you to remove them easily without leaving any stains.
Things You Will Need
- Hot air dryer
- Blade or a sharp cutter
- Clean cloths and towels
- a card (preferably plastic)
- cleaning spray and solution (for glass)
- Tree sap Spray for removal
- Detailing quick spray
Steps to Follow
- First, clean the surrounding of the sticker area with a cleaning solution so that all the dirt and debris comes out. Removal of a sticker is best done when you wash the car
- Connect the hot air dryer and aim it at the sticker. Increase the heating speed to the maximum and hold it a few inches away from the sticker. Make sure that you don't point the dryer directly at the sticker.
- Aim the hot air at the sticker area for some time, and then move the dryer around the sticker. This helps to loosen the edges and heat melts the sticky glue that holds the sticker in place. Once the sticker is hot enough, grab hold of the plastic card.
- With the plastic card, gently scrape the sides of the sticker, starting from the edges. To speed up the process, you can also use your fingers to lift the edges. Once the sticker is hot as much as necessary, then removing the sticker with the card won't be a problem. If it doesn't come off, then heat it a bit more with the hot air dryer.
- If the sticker still doesn't come out, then you can use the sharp cutter or the blade to remove the sticker. Although, this process can be risky, if you aren't careful, then you can damage the paint of the car and scratches will appear.
- Once you have removed the sticker, spray some of the tree sap spray on the area. Use a clean cloth or a towel to wipe away the remaining bits of the sticker. When every bit comes off, use some polish and wipe the area.
These basic steps will help you to remove any kind of sticker from the shiny surface of your car. For the best cars like Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge, Mitsubishi, and GMC, feel free to visit our outlets in Bethlehem and Allentown.
Kelly Risk Free sells used cars, trucks, hybrids and SUVs. Located in Easton and Emmaus, Pennsylvania. Serving Allentown, Reading, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Poconos, Bethlehem, Stroudsburg, Trenton (New Jersey) and all of Greater Philadelphia, PA.
This entry was posted in Kelly Risk Free and tagged Kelly Risk Free, Car Exterior, emmaus car sticker, Emmaus car tips, Emmaus Used Cars on 07/27/2015 at 7:22 PM