Here are some handy tips that will have you saving fuel in no time.
- Driving Fast Does Not Save You Fuel. Many drivers drive fast in hopes of saving the most precious resource of them all: time. What they do not know is that it comes with a cost. For example, driving 60 miles per hour instead of 70 can save you around 3 gallons of fuel over the duration of your trip.
- When you have to make a brief stop in your Nissan Maxima, do not leave the car engine running, turn it off even if for a few minutes, it will be worth it when you save fuel which would otherwise be wasted.
- When warming your Nissan maxima, make sure you do not take more than 40 seconds, this is important especially if you drive very fast around town.
- The same goes for tire pressure. Your tire pressure determines the performance of the ride. It was noted by experts that right after tires were set to their suitable pressure the fuel economy boosted to 3.3 percent.
- Do not let anything you do not need to occupy your trunk. Clean it out, the lesser the weight the better would be the fuel economy.
- Check the air filters. Dirty air filters can be the reason for that fuel not being fairly used in your engine.
- Make sure that windows are up if you want to save on fuel economy. If the weather is really pleasant, do not open the windows and cruise around the city, instead, go for a walk. However, putting your windows up considerably saves your fuel as the aerodynamics causes the engine lesser strain.
- If your Nissan's engine is not knocking, then there is no need to buy higher-octane gas for your car. By buying higher-octane gasoline, you are not necessarily giving your car a treat. It does not make your Nissan Maxima or any other car for that matter go faster.
It only takes a bit changing of the driving style and vehicle maintenance to achieve fuel economy for your Nisan Maxima. If this is the first car you ever bought, it shouldn't be that hard to get used to implementing all the above pointers.
If you are looking to buy used cars, check out the Faulkner Nissan of Harrisburg on Paxton Street- Harrisburg, PA and get the best quality used Nissan cars in town.
Kelly Risk Free sells used cars, trucks, hybrids and SUVs. Located in Easton and Emmaus, Pennsylvania. Serving Allentown, Reading, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Poconos, Bethlehem, Stroudsburg, Trenton (New Jersey) and all of Greater Philadelphia, PA.
This entry was posted in Kelly Risk Free and tagged Kelly Risk Free, Allentown Nissan Maxima, Allentown Used Maxima, Allentown Used Nissan, Allentown Used Nissan Maxima, Bethlehem Nissan Maxima, Bethlehem Used Maxima, Bethlehem Used Nissan, Bethlehem Used Nissan Maxima, Harrisburg Nissan Maxima, Harrisburg Used Maxima, Harrisburg Used Nissan, Harrisburg Used Nissan Maxima, Nissan Maxima, Philadelphia Nissan Maxima, Philadelphia Used Maxima, Philadelphia Used Nissan, Philadelphia Used Nissan Maxima, Used Maxima, Used Nissan, Used Nissan Maxima on 06/30/2014 at 8:18 PM